Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hole in One!

Alright, so we left off after the second vineyard, quite upset that we had completely struck out on our first reception search (and that that girl was so rude). My fiance spotted a mini-golf place. Now, mini-golf is one of the very few pieces of ammunition I have when my fiance exclaims he can beat me at anything I tell him not put put. So, instead of starting the hour drive back to the house he decided he wanted a rematch, and man I'm glad he did!!
As we pulled up to Pine Creek Miniature Golf we were not expecting to find what we did. This place is like a full scale country club for miniature golfers! As we began our third hole, taking in all of the scenery we both began thinking the same thing "Why can't we have the wedding here?". Now, I know, the hilarity of the situation does not escape me, a wedding at a put put course? You must be joking. But, my friends, I am not. Just take a look at these pictures!

They even have swans!!!
With 28 acres of land they have plenty of open space for the ceremony and tent for the reception.
Being that it was 8pm on a saturday night we didn't expect to get a lot of information about the site from the teenage boys working there that night. Fortunately these boys were some of the most helpful people We've come across in our search for a venue. They told us there was a party there just the day before for 500 people and a wedding just three weeks ago!!!! The extra extra cool bonus?? They let you bring in your own caterer and booze!! The boys gave us a flyer with pricing info and a business card for the club's general manager. Thank you boys!
We still want to have dancing and music in the reception tent and all of the bells and whistles of the first dance and cake cutting etc. But if dancing isn't your thing, or mini golf is our guests can head out to the courses for a little over 7 dollars a person (we'll have the RSVP on whether or not they would like to play, and make it clear somehow that they should bring some money if they plan on playing). Meanwhile my groom and I can travel along the courses taking guest shots and mingling
So, what do you think?? Is a mini-golf place way too out there, even if it does look like this?

No comments: